The Aloha Shirts are casual, brightly colored shirt that was originally worn by those who are part of the European and Asian cultures in Hawaii.
They have been around for centuries but recently they have become popular again thanks to their popularity on TV shows like Lost and The Office.
There are many different types of Aloha Shirts available today including ones with floral prints or geometric patterns. Whether you want a button-up shirt or one that has short sleeves, there is an option for everyone’s taste!
What is fabulous Aloha shirts and why should you wear one.
A fabulous Aloha shirt is a bright, colorful shirt with designs on it. There are many different styles and patterns to choose from. You can wear them alone or you can layer them depending on how cool the weather is where you live.
If you live in a really hot place like Hawaii, you might want to get several of them so you can wear one each day and not repeat the same one so often.
The colors are usually very bright and there may be designs on them like flowers, geometric patterns or birds. It really depends on the shirt that you choose because they come in such a wide range of styles.
Why wear an Aloha shirts?
If you live near the ocean or a lake, it can make a great day even more special if you buy one as soon as you see a pattern that you like.
You can wear them while you are out on your boat or you can put one on just to show it off to your friends and family. If you like the look, there is no reason why you cannot have several of them.
The history of the Hawaiian Aloha Shirts
The Hawaiian shirts that are available today have been around for centuries. The first ones were not as colorful as the ones that you see today, but the real ones were all made locally.
They were designed after traditional clothes that the people in Hawaii would wear. That is why they are only worn there and can often be seen on TV shows like Lost. The patterns and colors help to blend in with the surroundings so you can blend in without being noticed.
A list of our favorite brands
- Island Earth Trading. This is one of our aloha shirts favorites because they have an excellent selection. You will love all of the different patterns and designs that are available.
- SunvalleyTees. This brand is perfect for those who live in a warm place like Florida or Hawaii because they are only available in white and yellow with different designs on them.
- Aloha Apparel. This company does not just make shirts. They have dresses, skirts, pants and jackets that are available in both long and short sleeves. They also have accessories like hats, shorts and jewelry.
- Kilo Designs. This company has been around for a long time and that is why there are so many different styles to choose from including one that has a map of Hawaii on it!
- Sinbad’s Trading Co. This is one of the most famous brands because it has been around for so many years.
- Aloha Photo Shirts. This is a new brand that has only been around for two years and they already have so many different designs to choose from. It is easy to see why these shirts are so popular.
- Aloha Style. This brand is another one that you are not going to want to miss because they have a fantastic selection of fun shirts that include the whole family, including the dogs!
- Island Jay’s Apparel. This company has many different designs that you can wear from work to the beach.
- Green Hawaii. Not all Hawaiian shirts are bright and colorful. This company makes their shirts in more of a neutral color such as green, blue and red.
- Aloha Shirts. This company is another one that is great because they have several different types of designs including ones that have the Hawaiian flag on them.
- Aloha Wear. You are not going to find this brand in stores because it is only sold online. There are several different designs that you can choose from and they all look great, especially if you live in an area that is warm all of the time.
- Go Aloha. This is another one of our favorites because there are so many different designs to choose from including ones with flowers on them. If you want aloha shirts with a map of Hawaii on it, this company has it!
- Kanaloa Trading Co. This is another one that has several designs to choose from including one with a sunflower on it.
- Kapiolani Apparel. This brand makes beautiful shirts that you will want to wear every day!
- Aloha Tees LLC. This is another company that only sells online and you can find some really fun designs on them including one with the alphabet on it!
Aloha shirts are great addition to any wardrobe if you like the way they look.
There are so many different styles and designs that you will not find one that you do not like. Whether it is for work, play or the beach, it will be a perfect shirt to wear! You can get all of your favorite brands at Sweet Hawaiian Designs online store or at Aloha Apparel online shop.
How to care for your Aloha shirts
- Washing your Aloha shirts should be done in a cold water wash with a delicate cycle and gentle detergent.
- Dry your Aloha Shirts on low heat setting without using any dryer sheets or fabric softener.
- Do not iron or iron over the printed design (or fabric pattern). It will ruin the design then and rub off on to other items in the laundry.
Aloha shirts are a staple in any wardrobe and can be worn for any occasion.
They are comfortable, stylish and beautiful. People love to wear them because it is a creative and fun way to express your favorite place. If you want to buy Aloha shirts, there are so many different stores online that you can choose from.
A staple in Hawaiian culture.
The Aloha Shirts, as you might guess from the name, is a design created from Hawaii and it is one of the most popular Hawaiian shirts. Most people buy shirts on Etsy or other stores online but if you want to buy one directly from Hawaii.
How to wear
If you do not already know, Aloha shirts are made with the design on the front and that is where you want to wear it. It is a great shirt to wear anywhere, especially if you are going to a festival or somewhere tropical.
We love wearing them at Disney World holiday because of all of the Hawaiian influences they have there.
What to wear for different occasions
Aloha shirts are great for many different occasions. We have put together a list of some examples of how to wear it:
- If you are going on vacation, wear the shirt with shorts and flip flops. It will look nice and it will make you comfortable in your trip.
- Wear if with a tank top underneath it for work or an office environment. They are not the most dressy shirts but they are perfect for a casual day at work.
- If you are going to a concert or a music festival, wear one with any shorts or flip flops. Then you will not have to worry about changing into really nice clothes for the evening.
- If you are going out for a night on the town, wear it with jeans and a Strappy Heel. These shoes are super comfy and they go well with the Aloha shirt.
- To dress up an Aloha Shirt, combine it with other Hawaiian shirts, pants or skirts and some sandals.
A loose, long-sleeved, collarless shirt with a plaid pattern of horizontal stripes in two colors: red and white. It is typically worn with slacks or shorts and sometimes with an unmatching jacket or coat. It was first designed in the 1930s by Russian Jewish immigrant and former New York City fashion designer, Max Kibardin (1896-1983). He design it as a weekend shirt for fashionable men who lived on plantations.
An aloha shirt is typically worn untucked and open over a T-shirt or polo.
After World War II, the Hawaiian pineapple industry needed to contract its labor force of Japanese immigrants and Chinese-Hawaiian descendants. That meant recruiting a new source of workers: Midwestern tourists who came to Hawaii mainly on cruise ships. The aloha shirt was invented for these tourists, because it was more professional and practical than the casual clothes they were accustomed to wearing at home.
Kibardin was inspired by his friend and neighbor, the costume designer for MGM Studios, Louis Amundsen. In 1938, Amundsen designed a casual shirt for actor Fredric March in the movie “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.” It had short sleeves and no collar, giving it a casual look that had never before been seen in men’s fashion.